Thousands of healthcare providers, including U.S. hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers, and post acute care facilities have chosen HealthStream as their partner for improving clinical and business outcomes. In this new era of government mandated and designed surveys, hundreds of leading providers have switched to HealthStream for their patient survey needs. Why? We’ve got a unique CAHPS-based approach to assessing and improving patient experience that gets results.
What CAHPS and CAHPS-aligned Surveys do we administer for customers?
We committed early to partner with our customers in identifying the best ways to succeed now that patient experience is the focus of CMS. There are compelling reasons to focus first on patient experience:
- Focus first on patient experience. We’ve aligned all our patient surveys around the CAHPS model mandated by CMS, adopting the focus on patient experience, the shorter survey length, and the frequency-based rating scales.
- Connect with patients through phone surveys.We are the leader in phone-based patient surveying, an approach producing faster and more reliable results, with a personal touch impossible using mailed surveys.
- Deliver actionable insights to improve HCAHPS scores. Our reporting tools make it easy for you to get and share actionable insights—not just reams of data—from your survey results and our database of benchmarks.
- Educate staff to change behavior. We are the leader in learning solutions for healthcare with exclusive, evidence-based online courseware on HCAHPS, pain management, communication, and hundreds of other topics—all proven to change behavior, increase patient satisfaction, and improve HCAHPS scores.
- Improve to “Always.” Our deep set of additional tools and services provides the support you need to succeed when the new standards that top-performing organizations must achieve are “Always” and “Definitely Yes.”
- Compliance with all CMS and NCQA-mandated protocols as an approved survey vendor
- Phone methodology, which promotes rapid data collection and a personal touch
- Email methodology, offering a cost-effective alternative
- Capture critical patient comments for risk management and/or service recovery
- Voice of the Patient captures verbatim responses of patients to open-ended questions; these full audio recordings are also delivered transcribed and coded
- Surveys are available in both English and Spanish. HealthStream has its own in-house bilingual interviewers that conduct the interviews in both languages
- Set and achieve quotas/targets at the unit, practice or even provider level to ensure accountability across the organization. Insights Online, HealthStream’s interactive on-line reporting website, offers a wide range of options, from dashboards to advanced filtering and the ability to schedule automatic delivery of reports
- Industry-leading national benchmarks with breakouts that provide benchmarks against comparable units and specialty groups
- Healthcare-experienced consultants and clinical executives assist with report reviews and action planning sessions, share best practices and provide direction and support for improvement initiatives
- Complete suite of improvement tools – the HealthStream Improvement Center, HealthStream Learning Center, HealthStream Competency
Learn about other products designed to help you with Patient Insights.